The Korean carmaker Kia has introduced its Seltos in India this year. It has slowly gained the trust of the Indians. Now they have decided to launch a premium MPV. This vehicle is a luxury SUV.
The Kia Carnival has more cabin space. This eight-seater is the most comfortable one. It can seat eight adults and everyone gets to enjoy their share of legroom. It is a comfortable car to drive . This comfortable car has excellent visibility and height. It looks and feels good because it is more in the luxurious category. The materials and interfaces are good . Eight good-sized seats. It has Adjustable backrest that can be folded easily. Sliding seats that make it easy to access the third and fourth rows.
It is pretty easy to get in and out of the Kia Carnival because the middle row slides and folds without difficulty. Moreover, the gap to climb into the back is also pretty good. Kia Carnival offers standard seat height and steering wheel adjustment.
So if we talk about tech and dimensional specifications of Kia Carnival it comes with 2.2 litre diesel engine that gives out 202 PS of power and 440 Nm of torque.It is bigger when compared to the Toyota Innova Crysta The Carnival is 5115 mm long and 1985 mm wide. It has a height of 1740 mm. Its wheelbase is 3060 mm long. Kia Carnival is longer than Innova Crysta by 380 mm and 155 mm wide. It has a wheelbase that is 310 mm longer than the Toyota.
As the Carnival is a premium offering it comes loaded with some interesting features. These include three-zone climate control, a 360-degree camera, an 8-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, power sliding doors and tailgate, wireless charging, rear seat entertainment, a panoramic sunroof, and more.
Some modern feature of Carnival
- Doors will lock automatically while you are moving.
- When it is getting dark, the headlights switch on automatically.
- Air-conditioning which supplies different temperatures to front and rear passengers.
- Kia Carnival has roof rails. This makes it easier to fit rack for additional luggage.
- Three USB charge points for cell phones.
- Hill-start assist.
- The Carnival has Kia’s UVO connected car technology.
- Safety features include autonomous emergency braking, blind spot detection, lane departure warning, dual front airbags, curtain airbags, and side airbags for all three rows.
In India, Kia Carnival is set to be launched ahead of 2020 Auto Expo. This is a bit sooner than expected.
Kia Motors which is a subsidiary of Hyundai, has a manufacturing plant in India at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. . This plant has an annual production capacity of three lakh units.